If you have been injured on the job, you must do the following:
- Inform your supervisor immediately
- Contact your HR department for assistance in filing your claim
- File a First Report of Injury (FROI)
Why? To protect you!
The FROI is the claim form that is required to be filled out when making a claim for an on the job injury in accordance with state statute.
Filing a First Report of Injury (FROI)
- Your supervisor and HR will help you fill out the form as completely as possible and as quickly as possible.
- File the FROI within 24 hours of the injury.
- Download the paper form by clicking HERE.
- Your HR Department or Safety Officer will submit your FROI electronically or by Mail or fax to:
Montana State Fund
P.O. Box 4759
Helena, MT 59604-4759
Fax (406) 495-5020
For workers' compensation questions contact:
Worker's Compensation Program, Bureau Chief - Lance Zanto, (406) 444-5689
Safety and Health - Lisa Brooks, (406) 444-0122
Return to Work - Matt Chambers, (406) 444-7016
TTY (406) 444-1421